Making sure you're getting the right benefits

It's important to make sure that you're receiving the right amount of benefits. The organisations below will make sure that you access everything you're entitled to.

Last edited 29 September 2022

Sometimes it's surprising what support you can access. Don't forget to check what you're eligible for, especially when your circumstances change.


David Squires, Head of Customer Experience


Cheshire East Council Benefits Service

Live in Cheshire East? Then your local council can offer information and advice on accessing and receiving benefits.

  • Call 0300 123 5013, Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm


Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through our partner organisations.

  • Call 01270 506200 for help with accessing benefits and grants, Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm
  • Text 07903 009002
  • Email

Child Benefit Enquiry Line

For all questions about child benefit. Available nationwide.

  • Call 0300 200 3100, Monday to Friday 8am -8pm and Saturday 8am - 4pm
  • Visit their website

State Pension Information

Free information and advice about the state pension.

  • Call 0800 731 7898
  • Visit their website

DWP Pensions Service

The Department for Work and Pensions shows you all the information you need about pensions, benefits and retirement.

Disability Living Allowance Helpline

Ring the helpline for advice on all forms of pensions, including state pension and pension credit.

  • Call 08457123456

Attendance Allowance Service Centre

Attendance Allowance helps with extra costs if you have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you.

Winter Fuel Allowance Helpline

If you were born on or before 25 September 1956 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’. This helpline provides Information and advice for claiming this winter fuel allowance. 

  • Call 0845 9151515

PIP (Personal Independence Payment) Claim Line

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs if you have both a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability and difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition. You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are getting most other benefits.

Jobcentre Plus

Your local Jobcentre can provide support, advice and information about benefits for all working age adults.

Related links

Share this content

Register for our email newsletter and receive updates on news and events
Sign up today