We're committed to investing in our neighbourhoods - that's why we think that it's time to do some work on 8a-14a Gilchrist Avenue and the properties below.
Our draft plans are in their very early stages and on 21 April, we shared them with residents of Gilchrist Avenue and the councillors for Macclesfield West and Ivy. You can watch the zoom session and find the powerpoint slides below.
• We wanted to get your views before we submitted our plans to the Council.
• We won't be doing anything until we have planning permission from Cheshire East.
• If our plans are approved, it is likely that work won't start until 2022- 2023.
• We are keen to turn the existing shops into ground floor homes.
• Improvements are planned to the homes, surroundings and the shops in this block.
• We will, of course, do all we can to minimise disruption to those living in the area.
Resident consultation meeting
Questions from the session
We imagine that acoustic treatments will be necessary along with fire safety provision. This will form
part of the next stage of our plans.
No, they are not. We don't have any plans for the garages on Gilchrist
Sorry, but we don't have a date yet. As we move through the planning process, we hope that this will
become clearer and we'll be able to publicise a draft time frame.
Good question. We'll take this away as an action and get back to you.
This hasn't been decided yet.
Both are good ideas and we'll take them through to the next round of plans and discussions.
No, the roof covering on the balconies will be replaced and the metal fencing will be re-conditioned.
There are no plans, at the moment, to do work on these garages. However, they were included in our full condition survey of all garage sites. We will review the findings and feed them into our future growth and investment programme.