Help us to improve how we manage the green and shared spaces around your homes, from grass cutting and hedge trimming to tree maintenance. We're running a Scrutiny Event and we'd love you to join us.
- Do you want to help improve your neighbourhood?
- Do you want your voice to be heard by your landlord?
- Do you want to make sure that you rent is spent wisely on grounds maintenance?
Then we’d love you to get involved with this latest Scrutiny Review.
When is it?
Since this is an in-depth piece of work, and we want to get it right, you will need to be available over four days.
- Site visits / estates walkabout - Wednesday 8th September (time to be confirmed)
- Day one - Wednesday 15 September 1-3pm
- Day two – Wednesday 22 September, 1-3pm
- Day three – Tuesday 28 September, 1-3pm
What is a Scrutiny Review?
It’s a chance for our customers to take a close-up look at one of our services.
This time it's grounds maintenance – that's how we look after the green and shared spaces around your home eg grass cutting, hedge trimming.
Last time, we looked into our Repairs service and customers made 10 recommendations to improve the service. These are now being implemented into the Trust with our Challenge Group monitoring the progress.
The focus of this Scrutiny Review
We want to find out how we can:
- Plan grounds maintenance better
- Make it easier and smoother for you to raise issues and to deal with them efficiently
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Find ways to work smarter – for example using local community groups
In-house team or contractors?
We also want to look at the performance of the teams we contract to work on grounds maintenance (Idverde) – as well as the Trust’s own grounds maintenance team.
What will your role include?
If you choose to take part in our Scrutiny Review you’ll be involved with the following.
Fact finding: reviewing service standards, policies, procedures and performance information, costs, quality and customers’ views on grounds maintenance.
Comparing: looking at what other landlords do to identifying the very best ideas.
Suggesting solutions: your recommendations to the Trust will go straight to our Board – along with a proposed action plan.
Monitoring: keeping tabs on how we deliver the action plan and evaluating outcomes for customers.