Gilchrist Avenue, Weston, Macclesfield
We're committed to investing in our neighbourhoods - that's why we think that it's time to do some work on 8a-14a Gilchrist Avenue and the properties below.
Our draft plans are in their very early stages and on 21 April, we shared them with residents of Gilchrist Avenue and the councillors for Macclesfield West and Ivy. You can watch the zoom session and find the powerpoint slides below.
• We wanted to get your views before we submitted our plans to the Council.
• We won't be doing anything until we have planning permission from Cheshire East.
• If our plans are approved, it is likely that work won't start until late 2022/early 2023.
• We are keen to turn the existing shops into ground floor homes.
• Improvements are planned to the homes, surroundings and the shops in this block.
• We will, of course, do all we can to minimise disruption to those living in the area.
Resident consultation meeting
Questions from the session
We imagine that acoustic treatments will be necessary along with fire safety provision. This will form
part of the next stage of our plans.
No, they are not. We don't have any plans for the garages on Gilchrist
Sorry, but we don't have a date yet. As we move through the planning process, we hope that this will
become clearer and we'll be able to publicise a draft time frame.
After a conversation with relatives, we obtained authorisation from them to relocate the bench. The memorial bench is now located on a small Trust owned grassed area adjacent to 8-14A Gilchrist Avenue and the garages.
The proposed ground floor homes will be heated by an air source heat pump via radiators/heaters.
The submitted planning application included the formation of six parking spaces at the rear of 8-14A Gilchrist Avenue. The six parking spaces will serve 8A-14A as well as the proposed ground floor homes. It is proposed that two of the six car parking spaces will be served by an electric vehicle charging point.
No, the roof covering on the balconies will be replaced and the metal fencing will be re-conditioned.
There are no plans, at the moment, to do work on these garages. However, they were included in our full condition survey of all garage sites. We will review the findings and feed them into our future growth and investment programme.