Satellite and digital T.V.

Make yourself aware of the guidelines when planning to install satellite or digital TV.

Before installing any aerials including television, CB aerials and satellite dishes at your home, please read the guidance below.

Important information:

We're reviewing how we work with telecom installers such as Sky, Virgin Media and other TV aerial installers.
During this time, we're not permitting access for these works in our flats or communal areas. 

If you have any questions please email


Where there is access to a communal digital television system, permission will not be granted. You must always check with the local authority whether planning permission is required.

We cannot give permission to install a satellite dish if:

  • Your property is rendered (i.e. your brickwork is not exposed or is covered)

  • Is part of a new development (within 12 months of being built)


If you require a dish that is larger than 70cm to receive programmes in other languages, you must get planning permission before installing the dish.

We will not unreasonably say no.  Where permission is given, the dish or aerial must be positioned in such a way that minimises its visual impact and the dish or aerial must be removed when no longer needed.

Customers are responsible for maintaining any digital equipment that they install during their tenancy.

Any damage caused during the setup/ installation of a satellite or TV aerial is your responsibility, and this may result in a chargeable repair.

Register for our email newsletter and receive updates on news and events
Sign up today