Pets and other animals

Find out more about having pets in your homes and the permissions you might need from us.

Pets can be a great source of companionship and enrich our lives. While we understand that you may want a pet, we do need to consider the impact this can have on your property and neighbours. That's why you need permission before getting some types of pet.

The table below tells you which pets don’t require permission from us. This varies depending on what type of property you live in. If your pet type isn’t listed in the table it means you need permission from us

There are certain animals that we won’t give you permission to keep, including some breeds of dog, as well as wild, farm and poisonous animals, or endangered species.
But, of course, we'll treat guide, hearing, and enabling dogs as special cases.

To request permission for your pet please complete our form at the bottom of this page. 

By the way, it's fine to keep any of the following in our properties:

  • Small caged birds
  • Rabbits
  • Fish
  • Non-venomous insects
  • Non-venomous reptiles

Request permission for a pet

Register for our email newsletter and receive updates on news and events
Sign up today