Mobility scooters and motorised wheelchairs
Mobility scooters and motorised wheelchairs are a necessary part of life for many people. If you have a scooter – or need to get one – here is what you need to do.
Mobility scooters can make a huge difference to people’s independence and life. But they come with some safety issues and can be a fire risk. As you landlord we need to work with you and to keep you, your home and your neighbours safe.
Before you get a mobility scooter you must request permission to store, charge and use it in your home or scheme.
What happens next?
- Send in your application (below)
- We’ll get back to you and let you know the outcome of your application within 10 working days, once we’ve checked that access to your building is suitable.
- We’ll get back to you if we need more information.
- Once we have all the information we need we’ll send you an acceptable usage form for you to sign and return.
- Within 10 working days of receipt of that form we’ll confirm that you have permission to store and charge your scooter as agreed.
Still got a question?
Got a problem with storing and charging your scooter?
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for storing, charging and using a mobility scooter or motorised wheelchair