Aids and adaptations

An adaptation is a change or alteration in or around your home to allow you to live more independently or to allow you and/or your carer greater safety and mobility.

We want to make sure that your home is suitable for your needs. We recognise that your needs may change due to illness or disability, and that as a result you may require alterations to allow you to make the most of your home.

Typical minor adaptations include:

  • fitting grab rails
  • lever taps
  • and internal stair hand rails.

If you feel that you would benefit from an adaptation, you should contact us directly, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.

Major adaptations

All other requests such as ramps, wet rooms, external hand rails, door widening, will only be accepted from a referral direct from the Occupational Health team at your local council. Here are the details.

To arrange an Occupational Therapist assessment  contact your local council

Cheshire East Council: Live Well

Or call Cheshire East Council's Occupational Health Service.

  • 0300 123 5010
  • Option 1 for Adult Services
  • Option 2 for Occupational Therapy

Derbyshire County Council: Social care and health

Or call

  • 01629 533 190
  • Option 1 for Children
  • Option 2 for Adults

Cheshire West and Chester: Health and Social Care
Or call Cheshire West Community Access team on

  • 0300 123 7034

Send us a message

* indicates a compulsory field

Useful health links