Permissions and alterations

Aids and adaptations

An adaptation is a change or alteration in or around your home to allow you to live more independently or to allow you and/or your carer greater safety and mobility.

Pets and other animals

Pets in your home? You might need permission from us.

Structural fixtures

We’re temporarily pausing giving permission for major & structural work permissions.

Satellite and digital TV

Need to install or upgrade an aerial or satellite? The options available to you depend on whether you live in a block or a house.

Trees and hedges

Before making any alterations to trees or hedges, you'll need to get our permission. Also, find out about the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

Sheds and greenhouses

You'll find some useful information for when you are making the decision that your property would be suitable for a shed or greenhouse.

Water meters

You don't need our permission to install a water meter. Just get in touch with your water supplier. There are a few exceptions.

Mobility scooters and motorised wheelchairs

Mobility scooters and motorised wheelchairs are a necessary part of life for many people. If you have a scooter – or need to get one – here is what you need to do.

Share this content