This is what the Trust is all about: working together to create great places to live and neighbourhoods that we can all be proud of.
It's great to see staff, customers and local residents, all helping out to do the little but important jobs that often get overlooked - like weeding and litterpicking.
Rachel Marsland, Customer Voice Manager
Here's a handful of photos from our clear up days last year. Take a look - you might even recognise a face.
Join in this spring and summer
In 2023, we've already visited the Weston. In February, our staff and local residents volunteered their skills to tidy up Bank Street and the surrounding areas in Macclesfield.
We also have some more dates planned this spring and summer:
- Friday 31 March - Weston estate, Macclesfield
- Wednesday 24 May - Lacey Green, Wilmslow
- Thursday 6 July - Manor Park Estate, Knutsford
- Thursday 7 September - Upton Priory, Macclesfield
- Wednesday 18 October - Bollington
- Tuesday 28 November - Disley
- Tuesday 15 February 2024 - Poynton
We'll be doing the same thing everywhere that we go:
- Clearing ginnels/alleys/walkways
- Litter picking
- Cutting back shrubs/small hedges (if birds aren't nesting)
- Clearing weeds
- Finding out where you think we should look at for future work
- Geting your feedback on the area you live
Want to join us? Email GetInvolved@peaksplains.org so we know how many people will be coming. If you have some, bring a pair of protective gloves along too.
Get involved with the Trust in other ways
Cant join us on one of our clear up days? No problem. There are lots of ways that you can make a difference to your neighbourhoods by shaping services at the Trust.
Whether you can spend an hour every few months or a couple of hours a week helping us improve, we have an opportunity for you.