On Wednesday 6 September, we held the long-awaited ceremony: handing our gardening competition winners their certificates, prizes, and (of course) bragging rights.
Thanks to Idverde's kind sponsorship, every entry to this eagerly anticipated annual competition received a prize.
Every category had a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize. We also had a Grand Prize for our favourite green space out of all the categories.
- Grand prize £100 voucher
- 1st prize: £20 voucher
- 2nd prize: £10 voucher
- 3rd prize: £5 voucher
Members of the Grounds Maintenance Residents Group (GRMRG) - who look at the Trust's grounds and make sure they're up to our standards - decided our winners, alongside a few staff volunteering for the task.
The judges looked at your garden's visual impact, originality, your time and effort, and the consideration that you've given to both the wildlife and surrounding environment.
In first place overall, Space4Autism wowed us with their garden.
Our category winners
We had stunning entries in all our categories. Here are some of the other gorgeous green spaces that we saw. You can see all the entries in our awards ceremony presentation.
Best communal garden
- First place - Wood Gardens communal garden
- Second place - Harry Lawson Court communal garden
- Third Place - Elizabeth Gaskell Court communal garden
Best Community Group Garden
- First place - Space4Autism
- Second place - One Project Macclesfield
- Third place - Life Leisure
Best front garden
- First place - Scott Goodfellow
- Second place - Sarah Belfield
Best garden feature
- First place - Lilian Wilson
- Second place - Lesley Maclaren
- Third place - Melanie Street
Best hanging basket/tub
- First place - Doreen Angrave
- Second place - Mildred Cook
- Third place - Susan Rowley
Best rear garden
- First place - Jackie Ault
- Second place - Ingrid Fitzgerald
My happy green place
- First place - Fiona Baxter
- Second place - Julie Moores
- Third place - Jacqueline Reeves
- First place - Jenny Thorley
- First place - Victoria Heathcote
- First place - Danika Lloyd
- First place - Tracy Newnham
Want to join our grounds maintenance group?
We have loads of opportunities to get involved with our activities - whether you have a little or a lot of time to spare, we have something for you. If you want to make a difference on your patch, check out our get involved page.