If you suspect there is a gas leak at your property call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
If you have a faulty gas appliance, you could be putting your health and safety at risk.
Faulty gas appliances can produce carbon monoxide gas, which you cannot smell, taste or see but can be deadly. Here are some signs to look out for:
- The gas flame will be yellow or orange and flickering, instead of a crisp blue flame
- There may be increased condensation where the appliance is installed, or marks on the appliance
- You may suffer from headaches, drowsiness, sickness or chest pains when using the appliance – if this is the case you should seek medical advice immediately
If you are concerned that your gas appliance may be producing carbon monoxide, please contact us immediately on 0800 012 1311 who will advise and contact TRANSCO on your behalf.
Why is my gas service appointment so important?
A little bit like a car, if a boiler isn’t serviced regularly, it might not be performing to the best of its ability or worse, it might break down.
An annual boiler service goes a long way towards preventing problems, ensuring efficiency and keeping your energy bills to a minimum, something we all like the sound of.
Your appointment will usually take around 45 minutes or 90 minutes if you have a gas fire too.
What if I’m not available for the appointment date or time slot you send me?
Simply let us know when you are available and we can reschedule. You can reschedule on:
If waiting in isn’t an option, you can:
- Ask a friend, relative or neighbour to help out.
- Leave a key in our drop box at our Ropewalks offices and we'll sort it out while you are out.
- Ask us for an early morning or late afternoon slot (very occasionally we have a Saturday appointment).
How do I find out the expiry date of my current certificate?
Each certificate lasts a maximum of one year from the date it was completed. As per the Gas Regulations and our legal duties as a landlord, we cannot allow the current certificate to expire.
Your expiry date can be found at the bottom of your current certificate.
I can’t find my certificate, how do I get one?
Get in touch and we can email you a copy or pop one in the post.
Did you know...
Our expert Gas Team have a 100% safety compliance record for 2 years, this means the team have been able to check all gas heating systems including testing the Carbon Monoxide alarm in all of our properties.
For further advice and information go to Gas Safety
Please click here for further advice on carbon monoxide: https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help-and-advice/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/
Further useful advice can also be found by clicking on the following link: http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic
Was this page useful?
Still need help?