What is the best thing about your job?
The best thing for me is the sense of achievement fixing a customer’s boiler and seeing how happy it makes a customer when their heating and hot water is back working correctly.
I get a great sense of job satisfaction from it too!
Jason’s top tips for caring for your boiler
- Try and keep an eye on the pressure gauge within the boiler.
If the pressure constantly drops then there is an underlying issue which if not repaired could damage the boiler.
- Correct use of the room thermostat.
It’s not only important comfort but it helps to reduce fuel costs too.
- In severe cold weather conditions, try and insulate the plastic external condensate pipe to avoid it freezing up and shutting the boiler down.
- Bleeding radiators will also help with system efficiency but remember, most boilers will require the pressure on the boiler topping back up.
If you are unsure about doing this contact the Trust and we will send a gas safe registered engineer to help.
Why is it important that we attend annual gas services?
It is essential to carry out annual gas safety checks for various reasons including:
- To make sure that any gas appliances are safe and in good condition for use
- To check smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- An annual service will keep the boiler under warranty with the boiler manufacturers
- But, most importantly to keep you and your family safe.
Find answers to common questions about gas servicing here.
For more information on Gas Safety Week go to gassaferegister.co.uk/gassafetyweek/