Gas Safety Week 2017
As your landlord, it’s our duty and legal responsibility to maintain and repair your gas heating systems to ensure that you will be safe and warm in your own homes.
Our expert Gas Team have a 100% safety compliance record, this means the team have been able to check all gas heating systems including testing the Carbon Monoxide alarm in all our properties.
How does our team manage to achieve 100% safety compliance record?
- We will contact you in advance to set an appointment that’s most convenient for you.
- We know things don’t always fit into 9-5; that’s why we offer early morning, late night and even Saturday services too.
- We also know things can change, that’s why we’ve made it easy for you to rearrange. All you have to do is log into your 'My Account' and set a date/ time that suits you.
- Worried that you’ll forget when we arranged for? Don’t worry we will send you a text message, email and you can also look on your ‘My Account’ to check.
Although we do everything we can to make sure your gas heating systems and appliances are safe, it’s useful to know the six symptoms of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning:
Headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing, dizziness and being unconscious.
If you smell gas in your home, you should immediately:
- Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
- Open all windows and doors
- Turn off the gas at the meter
- Not smoke or light a match
- Not use electrical switches or mobile phones
Wednesday September 20, 2017