Our Gas team achieve 100%
Our expert Gas Team have a 100% safety compliance record for 2 years, this means the team have been able to check all gas heating systems including testing the Carbon Monoxide alarm in all of our properties.
Why is my gas service appointment so important?
A little bit like a car, if a boiler isn’t serviced regularly, it might not be performing to the best of its ability or worse, it might break down.
An annual boiler service goes a long way towards preventing problems, ensuring efficiency and keeping your energy bills to a minimum, something we all like the sound of.
More seriously, poorly maintained boilers can produce carbon monoxide, a very dangerous and extremely harmful substance, which is sometimes known as ‘the silent killer’ because it has no smell, colour or taste. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to those of common illnesses like flu and other common viral infections.
Your appointment will usually take around 45 minutes or 90 minutes if you have a gas fire too.
What if I’m not available for the appointment date or time slot you send me?
That’s ok, we understand that the standard appointment windows might be awkward for some of our customers. Simply let us know when you are available and we can reschedule. You can reschedule on:
If waiting in isn’t an option, you can:
- Ask a friend, relative or neighbour to help out.
- Leave a key in our drop box at our Ropewalks offices and we'll sort it out while you are out.
- Ask us for an early morning or late afternoon slot (very occasionally we have a Saturday appointment).
What if I don’t use my gas?
Not a problem, if you don’t use your gas, we can cap the supply.
This cap will require checking annually to make sure it’s still secure and there are no leaks but will take less than 15 minutes.
What if I have no credit on my meters?
You will need credit for us to turn on and test. If you don’t, get in touch and we can discuss the options.
What if I don’t get in touch?
Our customers safety is the most important thing to us which is why we ask for you to get in contact. If you don't we will:
- Attend pre-arranged appointments, if you aren’t home, we will try to contact you to make convenient arrangements.
- If we can’t get in touch, we’ll send you a new appointment out in the post
- If you miss us again and we can’t get in contact, we will tape up your home with a warning notice.
- And then, this is something we try extremely hard to avoid, we will apply to court for access.
Simply put, we don’t want this to happen which is why it is so important for you to get in touch.
How do I find out the expiry date of my current certificate?
Each certificate lasts a maximum of one year from the date it was completed. As per the Gas Regulations and our legal duties as a landlord, we cannot allow the current certificate to expire.
Your expiry date can be found at the bottom of your current certificate.
I can’t find my certificate, how do I get one?
Get in touch and we can email you a copy or pop one in the post.
Tuesday December 12, 2017