Welcome to My Advice

These pages have been designed to give you information at the touch of a button. Have a go at searching through the pages and if you don't find what you're looking for, let us know.

Water meters Back

Unfortunately, if you live in sheltered accommodation, permission for a water meter will not be granted. If, however, you live in a general needs property, you maybe able to have a meter but must first request permission from us before it is installed at your home.

For further information on water meters, please click on the following link:


United utilities advise that you will have a 24 month 'change of mind' period once the meter is fitted.

Please complete and submit the following online application form:

Request permission to install a water meter:
Please note that only the registered tenant(s) of the property is eligible to apply for permission to install a water meter.


Request Permission to Install a Water Meter

Was this page useful?

Still need help?

Email: trust@peaksplains.org