Welcome to My Advice

These pages have been designed to give you information at the touch of a button. Have a go at searching through the pages and if you don't find what you're looking for, let us know.

Carbon monoxide Back

If you have a faulty gas appliance, you could be putting your health and safety at risk.
Faulty gas appliances can produce carbon monoxide gas, which you cannot smell, taste or see but can be deadly. Here are some signs to look out for:

  • The gas flame will be yellow or orange and flickering, instead of a crisp blue flame
  • There may be increased condensation where the appliance is installed, or marks on the appliance
  • You may suffer from headaches, drowsiness, sickness or chest pains when using the appliance – if this is the case you should seek medical advice immediately

If you are concerned that your gas appliance may be producing carbon monoxide, please contact us immediately on 0800 012 1311 who will advise and contact TRANSCO on your behalf. 

Please click here for further advice on carbon monoxide: https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help-and-advice/carbon-monoxide-poisoning/

If you suspect there is a gas leak at your property please click on this link for further advice and information: Gas Safety

Further useful advice can also be found by clicking on the following link: http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic

Was this page useful?

Still need help?

Email: trust@peaksplains.org